We welcome you and your child to Manurewa West Primary School.
For information about enrolments or to enrol your child, please come in to the School office. If you are unable to come in to the school, please contact us and we will post out the necessary information.
New Entrant Enrolments:
It is our goal to provide a well-balanced education for all children, where they feel happy and secure in a warm, caring environment. We aim to give our new entrants the best start possible in their school life.
To help prepare your child for school, we encourage visits to the classroom. These visits can be arranged at the time of enrolment in the School Office. Children can start to participate in this 1-month before their fifth birthday. We provide this opportunity so your child can meet their Teacher and the children who will be in their class when they start school. It also helps children to get to know some of our class routines and provides a little insight into the class programme. If you have any questions, please feel free to approach our Principal, Mrs Kogie Naidoo or Deputy Principal, Mrs Shea Bowden and we will be only to happy to assist you. We look forward to a long association with you in the future.
Some Helpful Tips:
- Often children have difficulty opening chip packets – Putting a little tear in the packet will allow them easy access at playtime
- Removing the plastic safety seal from under the lid of Sippy-Bottles will ensure your child is able to have their drink
- If your child wears a belt to school, making sure they know how to unbuckle it may save toileting accidents
- Making sure your child knows what food to eat at playtime and what to leave for lunch will stop them from eating everything at once and getting hungry
- When teaching your child to write their name use only little (lower case) letters as this will help them later when learning where Capitals should go
- Naming your child’s clothing will lessen the chance of loss
- We encourage the use of a bottle of water for your child to drink during class time and a sunhat for your child to wear during breaks
- Does your child know how to tie their shoes/to put on or take off a jersey?
School Enrolment Zone:
Will be effective from the start of Term 2, 3rd May 2021 as per the Ministry of Education’s expectations.
The following Streets are in our School Zone:
- 3a – 41 Wordsworth Road (odd numbers only up to end of Beeston Cres)
- Russell Road All odd numbers Weymouth to Browns Road Even numbers 2-148 (Weymouth Rd up to corner of Swallow Dr)
- Halsey Road Even addresses only 18-56
- Maich Road Even numbers only 40-80 (Halsey Rd to Beatty Avenue)
- Jellicoe Road Even numbers only 2-40 Odd numbers only 1 – 45
- Weymouth Road Odd numbers only 23-127 (Selwyn St to Wordsworth Rd)
All numbers in the following streets:
- Beeston Crescent
- Berkeley Road
- Balfour Road
- Cambridge Road
- Clendon Place
- Deveron Road
- Dreadon Road
- Frances Street
- Gloucester Road
- James Road
- Jutland Road
- Kay Road
- Kent Road
- Kerrydale Road
- Lomas Place
- Lupton Road
- Mckean Avenue
- Montilla Place
- Oxford Road
- Rondorlyn Place
- Rosemary Lane
- Ruth Street
- Selwyn Road
- Surrey Street