Lunch in School
The Ka Ora, Ka Ako healthy school lunches programme aims to reduce food insecurity by providing access to a nutritious lunch in school every day. Regular, nutritious food is vital for children’s physical, mental and educational development. It affects their ability to focus, concentrate and learn.
Ka Ora, Ka Ako aims to reduce food insecurity by providing access to a nutritious lunch every day. The name Ka Ora, Ka Ako is about being healthy and well in order to be in a good place to learn.
Research indicates that reducing food insecurity for children and young people:
- improves wellbeing
- supports child development and learning
- improves learners’ levels of concentration, behaviour and school achievement
- reduces financial hardship amongst families and whānau
- addresses barriers to children’s participation in education and promotes attendance at school
- boosts learners’ overall health.
MWPS is delighted to provide lunch for all learners every day they are at school. Mr Komal Singh, our Deputy Principal leads this initiative and ensures delivery and quality for our learners.